job Opportunities at Signal Crest
We have the following opportunities open currently. Please learn more below.
Part-time, salaried; 28 hours per week on average
Reports to Senior Pastor
Provide administrative support to the pastoral and program staff and oversee the operation of the church office. Prepare information for communication to the congregation such as newsletter and special communications.
• Maintain inventory of office and worship supplies (i.e., oil, wicks, communion elements baptism/confirmation certificates, office supplies, etc)
• Understand and be able to train staff and volunteers on the use of databases, phone systems, and pertinent software as well as MAC-driven, audio/visual systems
• Oversee volunteer receptionists
• Prepare worship materials, announcements including any in ProPresenter format for broadcast during service
• Maintain church calendar
• Maintain accurate database of church membership information and provide such information to membership secretary
• Track and report attendance at church functions, enter weekly worship attendance and Sunday School into database
• Maintain church files
• Obtain technical assistance as needed for church technology
• Prepare standard reports and ad hoc reports as requested by the District, pastors, staff, and volunteers
• Communicate with contracted service providers such as graphic designers, printers, database providers, bookkeepers, and information technologists
• Coordinate with staff and others to schedule use of church facilities and to ensure proper setup for meetings and church activities
• Coordinate small groups for providing Wednesday night meals and on weeks where small groups are not available, arrange catering for Wednesday night meals.
• Provide other administrative support to church committees as requested from time to time
• Attend Charge Conferences, Church Council meetings, and other meetings as requested
• Learn, share, and adhere to the Graphic Standards of Signal Crest and those of the United Methodist Church
• Compile content and design weekly e-newsletters, welcome script for worship and action item script
• Facilitate email distribution of ad hoc messages (i.e. obituaries, weather alerts, etc.)
• Manage printed communications and inventory of collateral materials (i.e. stationary, signage, business cards, etc.)
• Produce graphics, or work with graphic designers, to obtain images and/or graphics for church publications
• Create and manage electronic and social media communications, including administering and maintaining church website
• Collaborate with other staff members to create promotional materials for various ministries of the church
• Assist Stewardship Committee Chair as needed with campaign mailings and reports
• Proof and edit documents for the staff and committee chair members, as requested
Proficiency in the following programs is a benefit: Gmail, Microsoft Office Suite; ProPresenter; TouchPoint or similar Church or non-profit database; Constant Contact; graphic design experience similar to Adobe Creative Suite is a plus or Canva.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to [email protected]This job description is not intended to include all details of the work functions inherent in this position, nor does it give exclusive title to every function described. The incumbent may be required to assume additional duties not covered in the description.
Director of Facilities
Part-time hourly; hours expected to vary based on need from 4 to 25 hours per week
required inspections, and respond to alarms.
- Ensure all aspects of facilities maintenance are handled effectively, efficiently and safely for the church.
- Support the ministry goals of Signal Crest UMC through the application of expertise primarily in areas of maintenance, building operations, and mechanical systems.
- Maintain open communicate regarding all aspects of the facility to Trustees committee chair.
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing, and AC system maintenance and modifications, as needed.
- Program and maintain thermostats for regular church activities.
- Coordinate and supervise periodic municipal and state required safety inspections and maintenance of fire systems, elevators, and boilers.
- Regularly inspect the church premises for areas of need or concern and report findings to the church office.
- When necessary, contact applicable outside vendors to facilitate repairs, ensuring competitive and fair pricing.
- Review all outside vendor invoices to ensure satisfactory completion and report to the Trustees committee.
- Respond to office and ministry service and maintenance requests.
- Ensure proper setup and tear down for church events, which may include some evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems including minor repairs and coordination of volunteer or outside vendors for major repairs or replacements.
- Work with the Director of Music Ministry and the Contemporary Worship Leader to manage and maintain all stage equipment including rigging and prop storage.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies put in place by the Church Council.
- Oversee maintenance and safety inspection of church-owned vehicles.
- Organize and retain maintenance records for the building, contacts of outside vendors and annual/seasonal maintenance checklists.
- Closely communicate with all building employees.
- Develop and recommend a plan to repair and/or replace needed items around the church.
- Brainstorm best ways to utilize church volunteers to accomplish needed improvements and communicate ideas to the Trustees Committee Chair.
- Respond to alarms as needed 24/7 and have backups when not available.
Working knowledge of facilities and maintenance; good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. To apply:
Please provide a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
This job description is not intended to include all details of the work functions inherent in this position, nor does it give exclusive title to every function described. The incumbent may be required to assume additional duties not covered in the description.